We talked about our 'specialist subjects' and the best one I could pick was the International Collision Regulations for Boats! - exciting huh?
That was until yesterday - when I came up with the perfect subject matter that would undoubtedly earn me the highest score.... 'where everything is stowed on our boat.'
- Often additional galley supplies are stored beside clothes.
- Pulling up carpet and floorboards is often part of stowing.
- Containers holding doodads and thingymies are lovingly stored as 'we'll need that one day' - to be forgotten about - leaving the pot to wriggle down below everything else that has been stuffed in, beside, and on top of it!
- Dismantling beds to reach items is not unusual.
- Moving furniture has to be done.
Plus, to keep the boat trim (fore and aft) and to prevent a list (leaning to one side), often items have to move home. On a long voyage we eat through a lot of food, use water and fuel, so to keep the boat balanced, items must be moved.
I'd receive a perfect score for my chosen subject, but I'm not sure how I'd do on the general knowledge!
What would be your chosen Speciality Subject?