In a nutshell - Then
- This time last year our offer was accepted on the barge we wanted to buy
- After deal-sealing handshakes, what followed was bedlam
- We did a week-long canal trip with the owners (interesting) to St Jean to Losne, France for haul out
- We hauled out, surveyed, fixed, repaired, analysed and painted.
- Painted the entire exterior (above and below the water line)
- Painted eighty percent of the interior
- Completed eighty percent refit of the interior
Made two double cabins – one with an island-bed – whoohoo!
Installed a new holding tank
Installed new water tanks
Replaced old wiring and gas lines
Fitted solar panels
Fitted a water catcher and plumbing
Made mozzie nets for the entire boat
- We've launched one book – Of Foreign Build – from corporate girl to sea-gypsy woman
- Written another book (out in June) – A Standard Journey- 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent
- We've laughed
- We've cried (mostly with laughter!)
Visitors are arriving in just a few days, followed by a steady stream of friends and family for six weeks – I am beside myself with excitement!
We're making some exciting plans.
In the meantime – I’m going to have a little lie-down, I am rather tired.
Where would you like to travel in the European canals?