I do feel melancholy with thinking about the times gone by. But bigger than that, I feel such joy that I have those memories, and I am set to create more.
I’d like to share some wonderful times in my life – note the old 'print' photos and highlighted 80’s hair (well concealed under a riding hat)!
These ‘good times’ has led me to where I am today – a best-selling author donating 50% of profits from my latest book – A Standard Journey – 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent, to charity.
- Rode for The Pony Club
- Rode at Wembley Stadium
- Performed at Olympia
- Competed all over the country in the Mounted Games Associated of Great Britain
- Trained as a stunt rider
- Basically had the time of my life!
Martella was a typical highly strung Arab, but so incredibly affectionate. She preferred people to horses at times!
So, there’s a few of my memories. I had the best horses and ponies in the world – I really did... I adored them and still miss them all every day.
They gave so much – now I’d like to give back.
A Standard Journey – 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent is a story of Noel and I adopting five Standardbred horses and tackling the Bicentennial National Trail in Australia.
- Those boys stole my heart
- Life became horses, trail, and endurance after we sold everything we owned
- All seven of us became reliant on one another
- Between us we created something unique and endearing
- Fears were faced and conquered; bonds were forged
But did the team of seven that started together, finish together?
You can find out here – this week – 22nd July – 27th July you can purchase the ebook for 99 pence or 99 cents. (UK and USA).