I do feel melancholy with thinking about the times gone by. But bigger than that, I feel such joy that I have those memories, and I am set to create more.
I’d like to share some wonderful times in my life – note the old 'print' photos and highlighted 80’s hair (well concealed under a riding hat)!
These ‘good times’ has led me to where I am today – a best-selling author donating 50% of profits from my latest book – A Standard Journey – 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent, to charity.
- Rode for The Pony Club
- Rode at Wembley Stadium
- Performed at Olympia
- Competed all over the country in the Mounted Games Associated of Great Britain
- Trained as a stunt rider
- Basically had the time of my life!
Martella was a typical highly strung Arab, but so incredibly affectionate. She preferred people to horses at times!
So, there’s a few of my memories. I had the best horses and ponies in the world – I really did... I adored them and still miss them all every day.
They gave so much – now I’d like to give back.
A Standard Journey – 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent is a story of Noel and I adopting five Standardbred horses and tackling the Bicentennial National Trail in Australia.
- Those boys stole my heart
- Life became horses, trail, and endurance after we sold everything we owned
- All seven of us became reliant on one another
- Between us we created something unique and endearing
- Fears were faced and conquered; bonds were forged
But did the team of seven that started together, finish together?
You can find out here – this week – 22nd July – 27th July you can purchase the ebook for 99 pence or 99 cents. (UK and USA).
Don't believe me? Click HERE to read what others are saying and read an excerpt!
Enjoy the ride!